Heavy Duty Mechanic - Apprentice
Responsible for the mechanical maintenance, repairs, servicing, inspections, diagnosis and cleaning of A&B’s fleet, which consists primarily of dozers, excavators, hoes, side-booms, graders, one ton trucks and three ton trucks.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and complete repairs for A&B’s equipment fleet.
- Perform preventative maintenance, mechanical and general maintenance to our fleet of heavy duty equipment and support equipment.
- Overhaul and test machines or equipment to ensure operating efficiency.
- Respond to service calls and perform emergency repairs on equipment in field locations as needed.
- Parts pick-up and hot shot deliveries.
- A team player with excellent attention to detail, a strong work ethic and oral communication skills.
- High School Diploma or General Educational Development Diploma (GED).
- Alberta Heavy Equipment Technician Apprentice Heavy Duty on highway mechanic an asset.
- Apprentice Heavy Duty off road mechanic.
- All candidates are required to undergo and pass a Drug & Alcohol screening as condition of employment.
- A Valid Driver's License.
A&B would like to thank those who apply, but only candidates selected for possible employment will be contacted.