Field Safety Advisor
As a Field Safety Advisor you will be expected to work as a team member with A&B Construction Management, and field employees to assist in the implementation, administration, maintenance, monitoring and enforcement of A&B’s Safety Program. In addition, Field Safety Advisors will assist in the training and development of A&B employees and subcontractors in industry specific safety policies, procedures and responsibilities under the OSH Act, A&B’s Safety Policy and other applicable Federal, State and Local regulations. Field Safety Advisors will also help develop, promote and instil an A&B wide safety culture that prioritizes safety above all else.
- Report to and follow direction of Site HSE Lead / Rockies Division HSE Lead / A&B HSE Management
- Work with Supervisors/Crews to maintain safe work sites
- Assist with/conduct New Employee Orientations
- Ensure safe performance of personnel and equipment
- Assist crews in completing site specific Hazard Assessments, and implementing correct hazard control methods
- Assist crews in setting up Emergency Response plans for each work site
- Conduct regular inspections for unsafe conditions, practices; ensure prompt corrective action
- Attend/conduct daily tail-gate safety meetings; assist in set-up and delivery of monthly safety meetings
- Provide instruction/training of workers in safe work practices and procedures
- Assist in investigation of all accidents/incidents/near misses
- Work with Safety Mgmt. to maintain and update company safety policies/procedures
- Order the suspension of activities that pose threats to workers’ health and safety
- Inspect equipment and machines to identify potential hazards, recommend risk reduction measures and ensure the installation ofsafety features or the introduction of safer procedures.
- Assist in the identification of Green Hands; identify training requirements and assist in training
- Conduct safety training and education programs and demonstrate the use of safety equipment
- This is not an offer to sponsor any potential candidate to obtain employment in the USA. It is our desire to provide an opportunity for a candidate that already has USA citizenship, duel citizenship of some other employment instrument in place, to be considered for full-time employment in the USA.
- Must have at a minimum your NCSO plus one year experience in a Safety position, preferably in the oil and gas industry.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- A team player with excellent oral and written communication skills, attention to detail and a strong work ethic.
- Must demonstrate initiative, professionalism, be able to work independently and be accountable.
- Wages will be competitive to Safety positions in the USA, all wages will be paid in US dollars.
- Per diem is available for each day worked to assist with housing, etc.
- Healthcare and 401k benefits available.
- Some assistance for re-location may be available.