Superintendent(s) - Pipeline Construction
Arnett & Burgess (A&B) is A&B is seeking Superintendents with pipeline construction experience for a variety of upcoming small to mid-sized projects located throughout Alberta.
This role will take a hands-on approach with the daily Supervision of all on-site construction activities and field personnel.
Reporting to the Construction Manager the Superintendent will help coordinate, direct, control and implement construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget, while maintaining strict adherence to A&B's Quality Management System and Safety Management Program.
- Responsible for the safe, efficient and profitable execution of assigned field construction projects, including adherence to A&B’s Safety Management Program and Quality Management System.
- Utilize construction execution best practices to help ensure flawless execution on all assigned projects.
- Daily supervision of field crews, subcontractors and equipment in an efficient and effective manner.
- Attract, develop and retain field personnel to ensure that the right people are in the right place at the right time.
- Provide leadership that results in enhancing A&B’s safe work culture, and take on responsibility and accountability for the safety of the personnel under their direction.
- Overall leadership accountabilities for all on-site field personnel with a strong desire to provide structured influential mentorship and ongoing personnel development.
- Promote and contribute to effective and professional field level client/stakeholder relations.
- Proactively identify, report and record construction nonconformities and participate in their resolution.
- Ensure construction milestones are met and monitor progress against established schedules and bid.
- Contribute to project bids by providing input into execution strategy, manpower and equipment allocation and sub-contractor costing.
- Participate and contribute to all project related meetings including pre-bid meetings and bid reviews.
- Ensures the reputation of A&B is maintained at all times by promoting respectful and courteous communication and behavior toward all clients, employees, visitors, contractor and subcontractors.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Supervisory role on pipeline construction projects.
- A related diploma or degree is preferred.
- A proven record of project success in a Supervisory role working on pipeline construction projects.
- Able to manage multiple competing priorities and deadlines.
- Have excellent attention to detail, strong work ethic, good written and oral communication skills that can resolve any project problems that may arise.
- Intermediate computer skills using MS Outlook, MS Excel and MS Word.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug & alcohol test.
- Valid Driver's License