This position is responsible for supporting our Managing Accountant/Controller in providing quality accounting services for A&B. The candidate will be responsible for providing day-to-day leadership and direction for A&B’s accounting functions.
- Management of the Accounts Payable department including purchase orders, vendor invoices, job costing, project management and payment processing.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements, balance sheet reconciliations and supplemental reporting.
- Ensure compliance to internal controls, company policies and procedures.
- Identify strategic opportunities to improve operating performance and provide recommendations to Senior Management.
- Demonstrate leadership and supervision skills within a team management group.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize and delegate effectively.
- Provide ongoing and consistent direction, guidance, training and support to all accounting personnel.
- Accounting diploma and relevant work experience or University degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- Previous experience in a complete accounting cycle and leadership accounting role and/or public practice.
- Professional accounting designation is preferred (CA, CFA, CGA, CMA).
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Continually sets, promotes and achieves high standards of performance, as well as ethics and integrity.
- A team player with excellent attention to detail, a strong work ethic and oral communication skills.
- Understanding and hands on experience with financial and management principles.
- Highly proficient and experienced with Microsoft Excel and Word.
A&B would like to thank those who apply, but only candidates selected for possible employment will be contacted.