Senior Estimator - Pipeline Construction
As Arnett & Burgess' Senior Estimator you will be expected with confidence and up most professionalism to provide overall leadership, implementation, administration, maintenance, monitoring and execution of the Bid Tender Process with respect to small to mid-sized pipeline construction projects.
The Senior Estimator is responsible for providing timely day-to-day implementation, administration, maintenance, monitoring and execution of A&B’s Bid Tender Process. This position will support A&B Management through the bid tender phase by reviewing drawings and identifying areas of concern, determining equipment and labour requirements, projecting timelines, preparing cost summaries, contacting vendors and stakeholders and ensuring bids are submitted accurately and on time.
- The employee will oversee development and implementation of successful bid strategies by establishing consistent project estimating guidelines, standards and structure.
- Preparing complex estimates with minimal supervision.
- Overall responsibility for leadership, mentorship and development of department staff.
- Participation and contribution to pre-bid meetings, including field office, client and site visits.
- Oversee and administer bid pre-qualifications.
- Complete and document site visits as needed.
- Identification of the scope of work based on bid specifications and drawings.
- Consistent communication with project leads to identify resource requirements and to identify any potential issues and solutions.
- Create estimating fundamentals from new and existing databases and worksheets.
- Maintain and update bid statistics.
- Responsible for managing Bid Retention.
- Prioritize and advise Sr. Management with overview of tenders and establish a bid strategy prior to tendering.
- Meet multiple deadlines and ensure tenders are in on time.
- Participate in any internal meetings regarding, costs, tracking and A&B pre kick off meetings.
- Extensive hands on experience in a field Supervisory role working on pipeline construction projects
- At least 7 years experience Estimating small to mid-sized sized pipeline construction projects is required
- Completion of Construction Management Certification or related courses an asset
- Strong leadership and development skills
- Ability to estimate multiple projects at the same time
- A team player with excellent attention to detail, a strong work ethic and excellent oral communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, scheduling software and Outlook