The Project Manager will be responsible for providing all on-site administrative and technical leadership and management primarily for small to mid-sized pipeline and facility construction projects. Primary responsibilities for this role will include ensuring project completion according to schedule, plan and budget while ensuring compliance with safety and quality standards.
Key Success Factors for this Position:
- The ability to successfully champion A&B projects through effective project management and drive these success factors through to profitability.
- Provide a superior employee and customer experience that reinforces our core values of safety, quality and integrity.
- Work collaboratively, and develop and maintain working relationships based on mutual respect and integrity.
- Direct and lead the development and implementation of a project strategy that meets the requirements for performance, schedule and profitability, including accountability for manpower allocation, project safety, quality control, costs, revenue, scope changes and change order management.
- Consistent communication and coordination with Construction Management and Superintendents to ensure effective utilization of manpower, equipment and materials.
- Ensure that daily work progresses according to schedule, that material and equipment are procured and delivered to site on time, and that the activities of employees and subcontractors are coordinated effectively.
- In conjunction with office personnel and management, take responsibility for processing daily time tickets for people and equipment, invoicing and revenue collection, procurement and change order management.
- Communicate effectively with Construction Management, Clients, and subcontractors responsible for completing various phases of the project.
- Monitor the progress of the construction activities on a regular basis and hold regular status meetings with all the project team members including subcontractors.
- Assist with bids by providing input into bid strategy, planning and costing. This position will collaborate with the Estimating department to ensure complete, competitive and sustainable submissions.
- Ensure project documents are complete in an accurate, consistent and timely manner.
- Identify the elements of project design and construction with the potential to rise to disputes and claims.
- Ensure client satisfaction through effective communication and effective dispute resolution.
- Support hiring, onboarding and training practices for all employees and ensure all required training for field personnel is completed prior to deploying them to a construction site.
- Provide leadership that results in enhancing A&B’s safe work culture and maintain strict adherence to safety standards.
- Ensure that the reputation of A&B is maintained at all times by promoting respectful and courteous communication and behavior toward all clients, employees, visitors, contractors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical or Construction Engineering or Construction Management or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 10 years of experience as a Project Manager on Pipeline and/or Facility construction projects.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation is required.
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of legal issues and safety standards is essential.
- Advanced computer skills using MS Outlook, MS Excel and MS Word.
- Proven ability to plan and manage project schedules
- Experience with project scheduling software such as MS Project or Primavera is considered an asset.
- Capacity to motivate, lead and boost morale of the teams.
- Effective time management and logical decision-making ability.
- Ability to pass a Drug & Alcohol test.
- Valid Driver's License.
A&B would like to thank those who apply, but only candidates selected for possible employment will be contacted.