As Arnett & Burgess Pipeliners’ Purchasing Manager, you will be expected with confidence and utmost professionalism to provide overall management, design, implementation, planning, administration, scheduling, reporting, and evaluating company-wide purchasing and procurement activities for pipeline, facility, fabrication and integrity construction activities. This includes materials, consumables, small tools, minor equipment rentals and associated parts and services, etc.
- In collaboration with A&B management, design, implement and manage a company-wide procurement and purchasing program.
- Responsible for purchasing materials and consumables as detailed on the Approved for Construction Drawings and as detailed in the registered Welding Procedures of A&B’s Quality Systems Manual.
- Manage and assist Construction Supervision, Foreman, Yard personnel, Mechanics etc. with procurement and purchasing activities.
- Manage a complete vendor contract life cycle including negotiating, revising and executing and administering new and existing vendor contracts.
- Negotiate contract terms, ensuring they meet requirements of internal stakeholders (Estimating, Safety, Project Management and QC departments) and client standards.
- Provide support, guidance and options to internal stakeholders with vendor selection and procurement while following established processes and controls.
- Develop and maintain records of items purchased, costs, deliveries, product performance, and inventories.
- Establish and maintain vendor relationships and maintain a preferred vendor list.
- Reduce vendor related risk through active vendor performance management and reporting, establishing KPIs and strong strategic relationships.
- Evaluate and monitor contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and to determine need for changes.
- Track contract expiration dates, and negotiate and renew when appropriate.
- Continuously and proactively collaborate, share and seek information for A&B’s vendor requirements from internal groups.
- Manage the purchase order processes, as well as report, track and expedite open (standing) purchase orders.
- Work in collaboration with management to help investigate and resolve any problematic issues with purchase order commitments and supplier invoices.
- Prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals, and review requisitions for goods and services.
- Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability and the supplier's reputation and history.
- Analyze price proposals and conduct research to determine reasonable market prices.
- Establish delivery schedules, monitor progress and contact clients and suppliers to resolve problems.
- Follow-through with the purchasing process to conclusion working with Accounts Payable.
- Identify and approve new suppliers and maintain a database of approved suppliers.
- Monitor shipments to ensure that goods come in on time and resolve problems related to undelivered goods.
- Member of PMAC considered an asset.
- Minimum 10 years of progressive procurement experience with at least 3 years as a manager in the oil and gas industry.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a relevant field.
- Demonstrated knowledge in oilfield construction.
- Highly developed leadership abilities with excellent relationship-building skills
- Accounting knowledge would be an asset
- Well-honed negotiation skills
- A team player with excellent oral and written communication skills, attention to detail and a strong work ethic
- Strong computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Legally eligible to work in Canada