Construction Manager - Pipelines
Arnett & Burgess (A&B) is seeking Construction Managers with pipeline construction experience for a variety of upcoming projects throughout Alberta.
The Construction Manager is responsible for executing assigned mid-sized pipeline construction projects according to schedule, specifications and budget. This role is accountable for aligning project cost, schedule, manpower, equipment and productivity, to the approved project bid.
Key Success Factors for this Position:
- The ability to successfully champion A&B projects through effective construction management and drive these success factors through to profitability and flawless execution.
- Provide a superior employee and customer experience that reinforces our core values of safety, quality and integrity.
- Work collaboratively, and develop and maintain working relationships based on mutual respect and integrity.
- Responsible for the safe, efficient and profitable execution of assigned field construction projects, including accountability for adherence to A&B’s Safety Management Program and Quality Management System.
- Utilize construction execution best practices to help ensure flawless execution on all assigned projects.
- Daily management and allocation of field crews, subcontractors and equipment in an efficient and effective manner.
- Attract, develop and retain field personnel to ensure that the right people are in the right place at the right time.
- Provide leadership that results in enhancing A&B’s safe work culture, and take on responsibility and accountability for the safety of the personnel under their direction.
- Overall leadership accountabilities for all on-site field personnel with a strong desire to provide structured influential mentorship and ongoing personnel development.
- Proactively identify, report and record construction non-conformities and participate in their resolution.
- Ensure construction milestones are met and monitor progress against established schedules and bid.
- Contribute to project bids by providing input into execution strategy, manpower and equipment allocation and sub-contractor costing.
- Collaborate with the Estimating department to ensure complete, competitive and sustainable submissions
- Participate and contribute to all project related meetings including pre-bid meetings and bid reviews.
- Ensures the reputation of A&B is maintained at all times by promoting respectful and courteous communication and behavior toward all clients, employees, visitors, contractor and subcontractors.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a management role on pipeline construction projects.
- A related diploma or degree is required.
- A proven record of project success in a construction management role working on pipeline construction projects.
- Able to manage multiple competing priorities and deadlines.
- Have excellent attention to detail, strong work ethic, good written and oral communication skills that can resolve any project problems that may arise.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills using MS Outlook, MS Excel and MS Word.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug & alcohol test.
- Valid Driver's License