SCOPE OF JOB:
A&B is seeking an experienced Project Controls to join our Project Management team. This is an hourly field based position and will require travel to job sites throughout Alberta and Saskatchewan.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing project controls and related services to support the Construction Manager through all stages of project execution, including engineering and design, construction, commissioning and completion.
The role is broad in scope and requires the successful applicant to be flexible and collaborative in their approach, applying attention to detail and proficiency in schedule, cost and project reporting, change management, stakeholder relations, communication management and document control. The successful applicant will be required to hit the ground running and be able to work utilizing existing systems and also be comfortable developing these and/ or new tools to meet project requirements as the need arises.
- Provide project controls support to Construction Manager, functional leads and the project management team as required;
- Liaise between project operations and corporate controls under minimal supervision and organize field processes to support project controls activities;
- Gather information and submit project reports for internal review and for distribution to clients, including but not limited to: daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly reports;
- Ensure project performance metrics are established and tracked;
- Attend and participate in project and stakeholder meetings and document/distribute meeting minutes;
- Project planning and scheduling, including coordinating schedule updates as required;
- Tracking, management and analysis of internal and external costs, including managing the A&B purchase order book;
- Change management, including setup and support for processes and systems;
- Commitment to continuously improving project control related activities;
- Ad hoc tasks as may be required from time to time.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a relevant field of work;
- 2-5 years of project related experience in the oil and gas, pipeline construction or infrastructure industries;
- Experience managing project controls and related activities;
- Able to develop and manage spreadsheets, project schedules and summary reports;
- Aptitude for planning, analysis, and problem solving;
- Able to manage multiple competing priorities and deadlines;
- Effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Attention to detail and quality of work;
- Advanced user of scheduling software such as MS Project and Primavera.
A&B would like to thank those who apply, but only candidates selected for possible employment will be contacted.