Heavy Duty Mechanic - Journeyman (Off Road Equipment)
Working in A&B’s Sedgewick shop, this position is responsible for mechanical maintenance, repairs, servicing, inspections, and diagnosis of A&B’s off road equipment fleet, which consists primarily of dozers, excavators, pipe layers and graders.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and complete repairs for A&B’s tracked equipment fleet.
- Perform preventative maintenance, mechanical and general maintenance to A&B’s tracked equipment fleet
- Overhaul and test machines or equipment to ensure operating efficiency.
- Respond to service calls and perform emergency repairs on equipment in field locations if needed.
- Tracking and reporting of equipment hours.
- A team player with excellent attention to detail, a strong work ethic and oral communication skills.
- High School Diploma or General Educational Development Diploma (GED).
- Alberta Heavy Equipment Technician Journey Certificate or Inter-provincial Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic.
- Experience operating, skid steer, loader, and overhead crane an asset.
- Journeyman Heavy Duty off road mechanic.
- Journeyman/experienced Heavy Duty on highway mechanic an asset.
- All candidates are required to undergo and pass a Drug & Alcohol screening as condition of employment.
- A Valid Driver's License.