Heavy Duty Mechnanic - Journeyman
Scope of Job
A&B is seeking a Heavy Duty Mechanic - Journeyman in our Wembley, AB shop responsible for the mechanical maintenance of A&B's equipment fleet, including heavy/light trucks, heavy/light trailers, and heavy equipment such as dozers and excavators.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and complete repairs for A&B’s heavy duty equipment fleet.
- Perform preventative maintenance, mechanical and general maintenance to our fleet of heavy duty equipment and support equipment.
- Overhaul and test machines or equipment to ensure operating efficiency.
- Aid in the servicing of light duty vehicles and NSC fleet in Grande Prairie.
- Coordinate warranty work and major repairs with Supervisors/Managers.
- Parts pick-up and hot shot deliveries.
- Tracking and reporting of equipment hours.
- A team player with excellent attention to detail, a strong work ethic and oral communication skills.
- High School Diploma or General Educational Development Diploma (GED).
- Alberta Heavy Equipment Technician Journey Certificate or Inter-provincial Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic.
- Journeyman Heavy Duty on Highway Mechanic ticket an asset.
- CVIP license an asset.
- A Valid Driver's license.
- All candidates are required to undergo and pass a Drug & Alcohol screening as condition of employment.