Senior Project Manager - Pipeline & Facilities
SCOPE OF JOB
The Senior Project Manager role plans, manages and provides oversight for the overall on-site technical administrative management of mid-sized pipeline and facility construction projects within a prescribed scope, schedule and budget parameters. The primary responsibilities for this role include ensuring project execution according to plan, budget and schedule while ensuring compliance with the executed contract, as well as to safety and quality standards. Effectively communicates within A&B at various levels, contractors, and clients. The Senior Project Manager will work in conjunction and collaboration with the Construction Manager, who is responsible for executing projects in the field.
Key Success Factors for this Position
- The ability to successfully champion A&B projects through effective project management and drive these success factors through to profitability.
- Provide a superior employee and customer experience that reinforces our core values of safety, quality and integrity.
- Work collaboratively, and develop and maintain working relationships based on mutual respect and integrity.
- Lead the development and implementation of a project strategy that meets the requirements for performance, schedule and profitability, including responsibility for scope, schedule, cost management and change management, contract management and procurement.
- Consistent communication and coordination with Project Execution Manager, Construction Management and team to ensure effective utilization of manpower, equipment, materials and subcontractors.
- Provide project reporting both internally and externally, including but not limited to progress, costing, forecasting, scheduling and resource plans.
- Review and provide recommendations on potential Change Orders on projects and process per contractual requirements, providing detailed analysis of impacts of budget and schedule and communicate to the required parties.
- Maintain an understanding of the contract, scope of work and utilize change management processes for any cost and schedule impacts.
- Resolve conflicts in conjunction with the construction manager between contractors, and engineering consultants. Assumes a lead role in any dispute resolution activities occurring on assigned projects
- Assist in the development of A&B’s project execution plans.
- Supervise Project Managers, Project Controllers, QA/QC and Project Administrators.
- Work with A&B’s corporate team on project management contract provisions, terminologies and dispute issues.
- Ensure that daily work progresses according to schedule, that material and equipment are procured and delivered to site on time.
- Oversee the processing of daily time tickets for people and equipment, invoicing and revenue collection, procurement and change order management.
- Act as the primary project contact for A&B’s Accounting group for inquiries regarding invoicing, billing, third parties, etc.
- Communicate effectively with construction management, clients, and sub-contractors responsible for completing various phases of the project.
- Assist with bids by providing input into bid strategy, planning and costing. This position will collaborate with the Estimating group to ensure complete, competitive and sustainable submissions.
- Ensure project documents are complete in an accurate, consistent and timely manner.
- Identify the elements of project design and construction with the potential to rise to disputes and claims.
- Ensure client satisfaction through effective communication and effective dispute resolution.
- Support hiring, onboarding and training practices for all employees and ensure all required training for is completed prior to deployment.
- Ensure all projects are closed out effectively.
- Provide leadership that results in enhancing A&B’s safe work culture and maintain strict adherence to safety standards.
- Ensure that the reputation of A&B is maintained at all times by promoting respectful and courteous communication and behavior toward all clients, employees, visitors, contractors.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil, mechanical, electrical or construction engineering or construction management or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 15 years of experience as a Project Manager on Pipeline and/or Facility construction projects.
- PMP or equivalent PM education is required.
- P.Eng. is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills ability to effectively collaborate with internal and external resources
- Self-directed and able to function with ease as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills along with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Thorough knowledge of contract execution and safety standards is essential.
- Advanced computer skills using MS Outlook, MS Excel and MS Word.
- Proven ability to plan and manage project schedules.
- Experience with project scheduling software such as MS Project or Primavera is considered an asset.
- Capacity to motivate, lead and boost morale of the teams.
- Effective time management and logical decision-making ability.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug & alcohol test.
- Valid Driver's License.