Heavy Duty Mechanic
A&B is seeking an experienced Heavy Duty Mechanic - Journeyman to join our team at our Watford City, ND office. This position is responsible for providing mechanical maintenance, repairs, servicing, inspections, diagnosis and cleaning of A&B’s heavy duty equipment fleet, which consists primarily of dozers, excavators, hoes, side-booms and graders.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and complete repairs for A&B’s heavy duty equipment fleet.
- Perform preventative maintenance, mechanical and general maintenance to our fleet of heavy duty equipment and support equipment.
- Overhaul and test machines or equipment to ensure operating efficiency.
- Respond to service calls and perform emergency repairs on equipment in field locations as needed.
- Coordinate warranty work and major repairs with dealership repair services.
- Perform parts pick-up and hot shot deliveries.
- Be responsible for tracking and reporting of equipment hours.
- Adheres to company policies and procedures.
- Must show respect for the opinions of others and behave in such a way as to ensure an atmosphere free of needless interruptions, difficulty, and/or discrimination.
- Must receive and provide clear, constructive feedback regarding work performance and be able to provide clarification as necessary.
- Must perform other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or General Educational Development Diploma (GED).
- Minimum 5 years experience required, 7 years preferred
- Caterpillar Heavy Equipment Technician Journey Certificate or Interprovincial heavy duty equipment mechanic.
- Journeyman Heavy Duty on-highway mechanic an asset.
- Journeyman Heavy Duty off-road mechanic an asset.
- Ability to perform tasks on multiple projects at the same time.
- Aptitude for planning, analysis, and problem solving.
- Attention to detail and quality of work.
- The ability to complete projects in a timely manner.
Note: All positions require a pre-employment Background Screening.