Arnett & Burgess Pipeliners (Rockies) LLC’s Equipment Manager is responsible for planning, coordinating and directing the operations of all equipment in order to ensure highly effective and efficient equipment safety programs, repairs and maintenance and equipment utilization.
Key Success Factors for this Position:
- The ability to successfully champion effective Equipment Management by ensuring safe, reliable and a highly utilized fleet.
- Provide a superior employee and customer experience that reinforces our core values of safety, quality and integrity.
- Work collaboratively, and develop and maintain working relationships based on mutual respect and integrity.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Advise and participate in the equipment evaluation and planning process to determine buy and sell needs that is in alignment with upcoming workload and desired utilization rates.
- Ensure equipment utilization is maximized according to expected outcomes.
- Responsible for coordinating purchasing and selling new and used equipment as directed by the Senior Equipment Manager.
- Provide budget recommendations for fleet operations.
- People leadership for all staff reporting to this role with a strong desire to provide structured influential mentorship and ongoing personnel development.
- Maintain facilities, warranties, licenses and registrations for all vehicles.
- Supports field projects by identifying all sources of equipment maintenance, fueling, repair and parts.
- Implement and utilize appropriate controls, systems and administration procedures for your division of responsibility.
- Manages the inbound and outbound equipment inspection process.
- Implements, utilizes and supervises a preventative maintenance program for the entire fleet of vehicles and heavy construction equipment.
- Coordinates with HS&E to facilitate a fleet safety program, including investigation of accidents involving fleet equipment and estimating of damage costs and replacement costs.
- Coordinates with HS&E to oversee Fleet Safety Program to ensure compliance with all Federal, State, and Local regulations.
- Ensures the maintenance shop is properly maintained, functional and clean.
- Reviews time and motion records of the fleet to determine downtime for maintenance and repairs of vehicles.
- Investigates complaints received on vehicle and equipment condition and failure.
- Manage existing, and develop new vendor relations.
- Participate in the Estimating and bid process for determining equipment needs and costs of prospective projects.
- Responsible for reporting condition of the equipment to Senior Equipment Manager.
- Ensure reliable and safe equipment is available to meet operational requirements.
- Measure and report on the overall effectiveness of the department, its equipment goals, objectives, and programs on a quarterly basis
- Must be able to perform other related duties as required by the Senior Equipment Manager. (Related duties as required duties which may not be specifically listed in the class specification or position description, but are within the general occupational series and responsibility level typically associated with the employee’s class of work)
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years of Fleet management experience, or 10+ years of fleet management experience of equivalent related work experience.
- Highly developed communication skills including the ability to consistently and clearly present information to employees, vendors and subcontractors.
- Knowledge of FMCSA DOT regulations required.
- A team player with excellent oral and written communication skills, attention to detail and a strong work ethic
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Excel, Word, outlook
- Must possess practical knowledge of the function, operation, financial modeling and decision making and the maintenance and upkeep of construction equipment.
- Work well under pressure and strict deadline, with constant re-prioritization of duties.
- Ability to plan and organize a team Equipment effort.
- Capacity to motivate, lead and boost morale of the teams.
- Effective time management and logical decision-making ability.
- Capacity to handle stress.
- All candidates are required to undergo and pass Drug & Alcohol screening as condition of employment.