Heavy Duty Mechanic - Journeyman (On Highway Vehicles)
Working in A&B’s Sedgewick shop, this position is responsible for the mechanical maintenance, repairs, servicing, inspections, and rigging up of A&B’s on-highway trailer and truck fleet. The majority of this position’s duties will be involved with trailer repairs.
- Perform preventative maintenance, oil changes, tire changes, mechanical and general maintenance to A&B’s fleet of National Safety Code (NSC) qualified trucks and trailers.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and complete repairs for A&B’s trailer and vehicle fleet.
- Respond to service calls and perform emergency repairs on vehicles and equipment in field locations as needed.
- Assist with ordering of parts, and maintaining inventory.
- Rigging trucks with the following: Tool boxes, box liners, fire extinguishers, first aid kits, radios, hands free communications systems, etc.
- Pick up and deliver vehicles.
- Oversee and ensure registration and documentation of all light duty fleet vehicles is completed.
- Parts pick-up and hot shot deliveries.
- Tracking and submitting of equipment hours and mileage.
- Alberta On-Highway Heavy Duty Equipment Technician Journey Certificate (inter-provincial an asset).
- Experience operating, skid steer, loader, and overhead crane an asset.
- Authorized CVIP Inspection Technician is an asset.
- Gasoline and diesel vehicle experience required.
- Experience with Ford vehicles an asset.
- A team player with excellent attention to detail, a strong work ethic and oral communication skills.
- All candidates are required to undergo and pass a Drug & Alcohol screening as condition of employment.
- A Valid Driver's License.