Transportation Administrator (Temporary Maternity Leave Coverage)
SCOPE OF JOB
Provide National Safety Code (NSC) support regarding the education, administration, maintenance, monitoring and advising for A&B’s Commercial Safety and Maintenance program. Monitor and guide employees and drivers in industry specific safety policies, procedures and responsibilities under the Federal Hours of Service, National Safety Code, A&B’s Safety Program and other applicable government regulations in order to achieve compliance requirements.
- Educating and re-educating new and existing NSC drivers.
- Conduct NSC driver training and demonstrate the use of electronic logging equipment as well as paper logs.
- Identify compliance issues through routine internal auditing of log details and carrier profiles. Take appropriate corrective action on any infractions found.
- Create and update NSC driver files with current driver abstracts and certification copies.
- Assist in vehicle registration, prorate applications, and gathering of paperwork to be kept in vehicles.
- Create and submit fuel tax reports each month by compiling driver log and fuel invoice details.
- Create agenda content on behalf of the Transportation department to be presented in Quarterly management safety meetings as well as create transportation alerts/ memos to be distributed to all A&B staff.
- Assist in applying for annual dimension, weight, and TAC permits for fleets and distribute copies to drivers/ vehicles.
- Assist with gathering and forwarding information for customs/ border-crossing of on-highway vehicle imports/ exports.
- Experience in Transportation administration is preferred.
- Thorough understanding of Alberta’s Transportation Industry and National Safety Code regulations. Experience with Trip Inspections, Log Books, Hours of Service, Cargo Securement, etc.
- Highly developed communication and presentation skills including the ability to consistently and clearly present information to employees
- Excellent computer and organizational skills
- Experience with electronic logging devices and good understanding of handheld electronics (cell phones/ tablets) beneficial
- Valid Driver's License.