Field Safety Advisor
SCOPE OF JOB
We are recruiting for a new position in our Safety Department. This position will fulfill a field based role as well and provide orientations and Safety instruction/teaching as required.
As a Field Safety Advisor, you will be expected to work as a team member with A&B Construction Management and field employees to assist in the implementation, administration, maintenance, monitoring, and enforcement of A&B’s Safety Program. In addition, you will assist in the training and development of A&B employees and subcontractors in industry specific safety policies, procedures, and responsibilities under the OSHA Act, A&B’s Safety Policy, and other applicable Federal, State, and Local regulations.
The Safety Advisor will also help develop, promote, and instill an A&B wide safety culture that prioritizes safety above all else.
In fulfilling their role, the Safety Advisor will:
- Maintain confidentiality of information processed as appropriate and adheres to company policies and procedures.
- Show respect for the opinions of others and behave in such a way as to ensure an atmosphere free of needless interruptions, difficulty, and/or discrimination.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Report to and follow direction of Site HSE Lead / Rockies Division HSE Lead / A&B HSE Management.
- Work with Supervisors/Crews to maintain safe work sites.
- Assist with/conduct New Employee Orientations.
- Ensure safe performance of personnel and equipment.
- Assist crews in completing site specific Hazard Assessments, and implementing correct hazard control methods.
- Assist crews in setting up Emergency Response plans for each work site.
- Conduct regular inspections for unsafe conditions, practices; ensure prompt corrective action.
- Attend/conduct daily tail-gate safety meetings; assist in set-up and delivery of monthly safety meetings.
- Provide instruction/training of workers in safe work practices and procedures.
- Assist in investigation of all accidents/incidents/near misses.
- Work with Safety Mgmt. to maintain and update company safety policies/procedures.
- Order the suspension of activities that pose threats to workers’ health and safety.
- Inspect equipment and machines to identify potential hazards, recommend risk reduction measures and ensure the installation of safety features or the introduction of safer procedures.
- Assist in the identification of Green Hands; identify training requirements and assist in training.
- Conduct safety training and education programs and demonstrate the use of safety equipment.
- Over 1 year of related safety work experience in the pipeline construction industry and;
- Has experience and certifications for instructing PEC CORE, First Aid, H2S, etc.
- Has experience and certifications for evaluating employees for Operator Qualifications for MEA, NCCER or Veriforce as needed.
- If you lack instructing experience/certifications, we may consider those individuals with strong field experience.
- Currently holds or is in the process of obtaining designation as ASP, CSP CHST, etc.
- Post-secondary diploma or equivalent in Health & Safety is preferable.
- Highly developed communication and presentation skills including the ability to consistently and clearly present information to employees and subcontractors.
- Able to establish working relationships and contacts within the regulatory industry.
- A team player with excellent oral and written communication skills, attention to detail and a strong work ethic.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Aptitude for planning, analysis, and problem solving.
- Detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organization and written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Must demonstrate initiative, professionalism and be able to work independently.
- Ability to work under the stress of maintaining proper liaison between department heads, managers, employees, and customers.
- Experience administering and implementing a competency training program.
- Ability to exchange information clearly and concisely and to present ideas, report facts, and all other information.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned nor is it considered a contract of employment overriding at-will employment. Arnett & Burgess Pipeliners (Rockies) LLC is an equal opportunity employer.