SCOPE OF JOB
This position will provide marketing, design and communications support to both the Corporate Development and the Sales Team. This role requires advanced communication, integrity, creativity, design, organization, time management and event planning skills and experience.
This position will require periodic after hours availability to accommodate company events and travel bookings.
Marketing & Corporate Development
- Provide support and prioritize between multiple marketing and communication projects.
- Develop sales and marketing information, including corporate packages and PowerPoint presentations.
- Design and distribution of a monthly internal communication newsletter. Liaise with human resources and other division managers on pertinent issues and announcements to be included within newsletter.
- Design and distribute marketing collateral (i.e. brochures, banner stands, project profiles, signage, datasheets, customer proposals, etc.).
- Manage directory listing renewals for all office locations.
- Design of print advertising, murals, billboards, directory listings, business card ads, tradeshow booths, and other external stakeholder promotions.
- Management of advertising, including publications, media and corresponding editorial schedules.
- Maintaining corporate website and sales site and ensure both reflect current company information.
- Create/author content for social media platforms.
- Monitor media and social network platforms for positive/negative identifiers.
- Support Corporate Development and Sales personnel with administrative functions and calendar management.
- Maintenance of corporate Brand Standard Guide, and ensure adherence with current guidelines
- Proofreading, editing and business writing while ensuring all documents follow the corporate brand and style guide standards.
- Plan, organize and execute client/staff events including open houses, appreciation events, GAMEDAY, Christmas functions, etc.
- Plan and attend meetings, take minutes, draft agenda items, arrange meeting logistics, coordinate with participants and follow-up as needed.
- Liaise with sales team to research, plan and execute attendance/exhibiting at tradeshows including signage, scheduling, onsite events, exhibit booth set up and tear down.
- Maintain budget, design and distribution of promotional materials and clothing for clients, ensuring branding consistency.
- Design/create invitations for staff, customers, and industry partners. i.e: Women in Pipelining, Retirement, Outstanding Contributor, baby gifts etc.
- Ad-hoc projects (i.e. management of office changes, expansions, etc.).
- Remain up-to-date on company initiatives, departmental news and happenings.
- Effectively develop and maintain relationships with internal personnel, clients, and A&B’s parent and sister companies.
- Main Calgary office contact for printing, preparing and delivering bid submissions.
- Sales Report generation, collect and compile sales notes from each member of the sales team for weekly distribution.
- CRM database maintenance, including ensuring client contact information is kept current and accurate
- Act as a back-up support person for travel and accommodation arrangements.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a Marketing or Communications support role preferably within the oil and gas industry.
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration or Marketing is preferred.
- Advanced administrative skills and experience with the ability to consistently follow-up.
- Experience with graphical design is beneficial.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and exercise discretion at all times.
- Highly developed communication in writing, proof reading and comprehension skills are essential. Proficient in CPS style.
- Advanced skills with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) are required.
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience in ACT! and CRM software essential.
- Ability to effectively and courteously deal with the client, employees and the public.
- Valid Driver’s license.