IT Field Support Administrator
Arnett & Burgess (A&B) is seeking an enthusiastic and organized IT Field Support Administrator to join our growing team. The primary goal for this role will be to provide technical assistance to A&B's internal stakeholders in the office and the field. You will assist in the procurement and management of IT hardware and software. In addition, you will have the opportunity to learn and work with A&B’s administrative systems, assisting in the management of user accounts and application security.
In this role, you will be required to triage and resolve or escalate issues at our A&B locations via telephone, email, remote connection or in person. Occasional travel to remote field sites around Alberta, Saskatchewan and British Columbia will be required.
- Provide excellent customer service and demonstrate courteous and professional behavior in-person, on-site and via remote access tools.
- Deploy, support and maintain laptops, workstations, handheld devices and peripherals.
- Manage, report and resolve IT issues, escalating to management as required.
- Train, orient and respond to questions from new staff on proper use of IT equipment and applications.
- Keep apprised of new technologies and confer with the IT Team to recommend improvements that increase the overall reliability and integrity of our systems.
- Use Arnett & Burgess administration systems to setup and manage email, computers, cell phones and cloud-based applications.
- Assist in procurement and inventory controls for hardware and software.
- Work closely with our hardware or software vendors to coordinate and perform service and repairs.
A&B’s IT Team is a small but rapidly growing group and there will be many opportunities to experience all aspects of IT. From hardware configurations and builds to complex networking and application development and deployment. If you are passionate about a carrier in technology, we want to hear from you.
- University Degree or College Diploma in Information Technology related discipline is preferred. Microsoft certifications are a plus.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in an Information Technology related role.
- Microsoft Windows 7 and 10 expertise required.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license (without restrictions) and ability to travel to US for meetings.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and the MS Office 2016 suite.
- Ability to remotely troubleshoot iPhone and Android issues.
- Experience with Active Directory is an asset.
- The individual must be self-motivated and a team player.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, attention to detail and a strong work ethic.