Estimating Manager / Senior Estimator
The Estimating Manager/Senior Estimator provides leadership, development, implementation, administration, maintenance, monitoring and execution of A&B’s overall bid tender process for small to large sized pipeline & facility construction projects. Working in a deadline driven and fast paced environment, the Estimating Manager/Senior Estimator will lead A&B’s Estimating Team and will ensure all bids are accurate, consistent and submitted on time.
- Oversee development and implementation of successful bid strategies by establishing consistent project estimating guidelines, standards and structure.
- Prepare initial feasibility and cost estimates for projects by identifying the scope of work based on bid specifications and drawings.
- Prepare and oversee execution of complex estimates.
- Participation and contribution to pre-bid meetings, including field office, client and site visits.
- Obtain and review subcontractor quotations.
- Train, evaluate and supervise Estimating personnel.
- Lead the Estimating Team and guide professional development.
- Oversee and administer bid pre-qualifications.
- Consistent communication with project leads to identify resource requirements and to identify any potential issues and solutions.
- Create and update estimating fundamentals from new and existing databases and worksheets.
- Continually pursue, develop and promote process improvements, procedures and tools for the department.
- Maintain and update bid statistics.
- Prioritize and advise Sr. Management with overview of tenders and establish a bid strategy prior to tendering.
- Regularly and consistently meet tight deadlines and ensure tenders are in on time.
- Participate in any internal meetings regarding, costs, tracking and A&B pre kick off meetings.
- Weekly Bid Review Report to be sent out by 9:00am first day of business each week.
- Extensive hands on experience in a leadership/managerial role working on pipeline construction projects.
- Extensive experience estimating small to large sized pipeline & facility construction projects is required.
- Completion of Construction Management Certification or related courses is an asset.
- Strong leadership and development skills.
- Ability to estimate multiple projects at the same time.
- A team player with excellent attention to detail, a strong work ethic and excellent oral communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Project and other scheduling software.
- Experience with other estimating tools and software is an asset.