Quality Control Inspectors
Arnett & Burgess (A&B) is looking for a Quality Control Inspectors (QCI) to join our pipeline construction group. The QCI is to provide support and guidance regarding the implementation, administration, maintenance, monitoring and enforcement of A&B’s Quality Management Systems. The QCI is responsible for communicating, and assisting the direction and supervision of daily on site-specific QC related activities for the project.
The role is primarily field based with extended travel (80%) although will require office work for turnovers, scanning and/or QCI Training (20%) from time to time.
- Provide guidance and support to construction personnel to verify construction activities comply with project requirements.
- Report all non-conforming conditions in accordance with the project NCR process to verify the appropriate corrective and preventative actions are completed.
- Assess and monitor all materials received and ensure the project material management process is followed.
- Receive Inspect and review product materials ensuring compliance with latest codes, standards and specifications
- Review IFC Project Drawings confirming latest revisions, P&ID’s, line lists, specifications etc.
- Daily monitoring and reporting of site-specific QC related tasks.
- Help assist with weld mapping on pipelines to ensure proper traceability is being performed and tracked.
- Ensure all Quality Control documentation is compiled and completed in a timely matter not to hold up project deadlines.
- Coordinate daily quality inspections and testing with applicable third parties.
- Ensure all welding activities are documented and filed daily, which include test welds, production welding, repair welding.
- Ensure daily NDE reports are submitted and filed in the QC Turnover Package daily.
- Ensure all Coating is properly documented and completed daily.
- Pressure testing documentation is completed and filed in the QC Turnover Package.
- Ensure all testing equipment has been properly calibrated and shows calibration to NIST or an equivalent standard and properly filed in the QC Turnover Package.
- 10 years of project related experience in the oil and gas, pipeline construction or infrastructure industries.
- Able to develop and manage excel spreadsheets, word documents, and have good organizational skills.
- Able to manage multiple competing priorities and deadlines.
- Have some experience in both pipeline and facility construction to perform any task that may arise that needs assistance and resolution.
- Have excellent attention to detail, strong work ethic, good written and oral communication skills that can resolve any project problems that may arise.