Human Resources Manager (HR Manager)
A&B is seeking a Human Resources Manager to support our Rockies division in Watford City, North Dakota. The HR Manager will execute the planning, coordination, facilitation, and oversight of all HR activities for A&B’s Watford City, North Dakota operating unit. This position will support a large pipeline construction workforce.
Responsible for managerial and administrative duties relating to policies and procedures, onboarding/offboarding, employee benefits, compensation, equal opportunity matters (including but not limited to ADA, EEO and ADEA issues), training and development, employee relations, position classification and full-cycle recruitment.
- Consistently engage leadership and management in understanding HR initiatives, policies, procedures and processes.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory standards and identifies and participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Understand and uphold compliance with Federal and local employment law.
- Proactively identify hiring requirements and trends, and work to advance and streamline the hiring process.
- Draft job descriptions based on requirements and recommendations from applicable internal stakeholders and ensure proper classification of employees (FLSA).
- Work collaboratively with other groups to ensure all necessary onboarding requirements are fulfilled in a timely manner.
- Post and manage job advertisements on recruitment websites, job boards, and print media.
- Propose new and develop modifications to policies, procedures, employee actions, programs and similar initiatives.
- Development and implementation of performance management and improvement systems.
- Investigate, respond, and resolve a variety of complaints involving company policies, benefits, EEO claims or other matters requiring a wide range of information and analysis.
- Promote and comply with privacy legislation and company privacy strategy, and ensure data protection requirements are met.
- Screen applicants and provide qualified recommendations to hiring managers for review.
- Contact candidates to schedule interviews, prepare interview questions and lead interviews (phone, web and in-person).
- Perform reference checks on selected candidates and notify them of results of selection process.
- Prepare employment offers and all other necessary hiring documentation.
- Contact applicable agencies to perform background checks, drug and alcohol testing, check parental obligations, etc.
- Confidentially manage and maintain detailed, organized and accurate records of employee files.
- Assist and participate in special projects assigned by the Corporate HR Manager.
- Prepare periodic statistical and data analyses and reports, including but not limited to EEO workforce and utilization.
- Create and update organizational charts.
- 10 to 12 years of experience in a Human Resources role, preferably within the oil & gas industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business or related discipline. SPHR is preferred.
- Knowledge of employee classifications (Non-DOT, PHMSA, FMCSA) and their specific onboarding requirements.
- Knowledge of labor and employment laws and DOT regulations.
- Experience with workplace investigations is required.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and exercise discretion at all times.
- Advanced communication, writing and comprehension skills are essential.
- Must have a strong attention to detail.
- Intermediate skills with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook) is required.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned nor is it considered a contract of employment overriding at-will employment. Arnett & Burgess Pipeliners (Rockies) LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Must be able to perform the essential job functions with our without reasonable accommodations.