Senior Estimator - Pipeline & Facility Construction
As Arnett & Burgess Pipeliner’s (A&B) Senior Estimator you will be expected with confidence and up most professionalism to provide leadership, implementation, administration, maintenance, monitoring and execution of the Bid Tender Process with respect to small to large sized pipeline & facility construction projects.
The Senior Estimator is responsible for providing timely day-to-day implementation, administration, maintenance, monitoring and execution of A&B’s Bid Tender Process. This position will support A&B Management through the bid tender phase by reviewing drawings and identifying areas of concern, determining equipment and labor requirements, projecting timelines, preparing cost summaries, contacting vendors and stakeholders and ensuring bids are submitted accurately and on time.
This role will also be responsible for developing and maintaining strong relationships with customers and stakeholders and for creating ongoing business opportunities by developing and implementing regional sales plans.
- The employee will oversee development and implementation of successful bid strategies by establishing consistent project estimating guidelines, standards and structure.
- Preparing complex estimates with minimal supervision.
- In cooperation with Senior Management, maintain and implement regional and divisional specific sales plans.
- Execute sales strategies to support performance goals by identifying, developing and closing new business opportunities.
- Ongoing generation of qualified leads for subsequent development, performing key account planning and maintaining ongoing and favorable relationships with key accounts.
- Follow up on opportunities assigned or identified.
- Participation and contribution to pre-bid meetings, including field office, client and site visits.
- Oversee and administer bid pre-qualifications.
- Complete and document site visits as needed.
- Identification of the scope of work based on bid specifications and drawings.
- Consistent communication with project leads to identify resource requirements and to identify any potential issues and solutions.
- Create estimating fundamentals from new and existing databases and worksheets.
- Maintain and update bid statistics.
- Responsible for managing Bid Retention.
- Prioritize and advise Sr. Management with overview of tenders and establish a bid strategy prior to tendering.
- Meet multiple deadlines and ensure tenders are in on time.
- Participate in any internal meetings regarding, costs, tracking and A&B pre kick off meetings.
- Extensive (10+ years) hands on experience in a leadership/managerial role working on pipeline/facility construction projects.
- Extensive experience estimating small to large sized pipeline/facility construction projects is required.
- Applicable post-secondary education.
- The ideal candidate will have strong existing and ongoing regional industry contacts.
- Must be familiar and knowledgeable with applicable regional businesses, stakeholders, opportunities and competition.
- Strong negotiation, relationship building and influencing skills and behaviors.
- Strong presentation and communication skills with the ability to communicate with large teams and senior level management.
- Entrepreneurial energy with the ability to develop new business opportunities.
- Completion of Construction Management Certification or related courses an asset.
- Strong leadership and development skills.
- Ability to estimate multiple projects at the same time.
- High level of integrity, professionalism, respect for confidential information, and accountability is essential.
- A team player with excellent attention to detail, a strong work ethic and excellent oral communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, scheduling software and Outlook.
- Previous experience developing technical plans for submittal to client.
A&B is an equal opportunity employer and would like to thank all those who apply, but only those selected for possible employment will be contacted.
Note: All positions require a pre-employment Background Check.