Responsible for evaluating bid specifications and drawings and accurately developing successful bid tenders and strategies for small to large sized pipeline and facility construction projects.
This position is responsible for providing timely day-to-day implementation, administration, maintenance, monitoring and execution of A&B’s Bid Tender Process. The Estimator will support A&B Management through the bid tender phase by reviewing drawings and identifying areas of concern, determining equipment and labour requirements, projecting timelines, preparing cost summaries, contacting vendors and stakeholders and ensuring bids are submitted accurately and on time.
- The employee will assist in the development and implementation of successful bid strategies by establishing consistent project estimating guidelines, standards and structure.
- Assist with preparing complex pipeline and facility construction estimates.
- Participation and contribution to pre-bid meetings, including field office, client and site visits.
- Assist with the administration of bid pre-qualifications.
- Complete and document site visits as needed.
- Identification of the scope of work based on bid specifications and drawings.
- Consistent communication with project leads to identify resource requirements and to identify any potential issues and solutions.
- Create estimating fundamentals from new and existing databases and worksheets.
- Maintain and update bid statistics.
- Meet multiple deadlines and ensure tenders are in on time.
- Participate in any internal meetings regarding, costs, tracking and A&B pre kick off meetings.
- Contribute to weekly Bid Review Report to be sent out by 9:00am on the first business day of each week.
- Extensive experience working on pipeline construction projects.
- Minimum 5 years of experience Estimating small to large sized pipeline construction projects is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business or other related an asset.
- Completion of Construction Management Certification or related courses an asset.
- Experience utilizing Hard Dollar software an asset.
- Ability to estimate multiple projects at the same time.
- A team player with excellent attention to detail, a strong work ethic and excellent oral communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, scheduling software and Outlook.