Automotive Mechanic - Journeyman
Mechanical maintenance, repairs, servicing, inspections, cleaning and rigging up of A&B’s automotive vehicle fleet, which consists primarily of ½ ton and 1 ton trucks totalling over 130 vehicles.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and complete repairs for A&B’s automotive vehicle fleet.
- Perform preventative maintenance, mechanical and general maintenance to our fleet of light duty vehicles and support equipment.
- Respond to service calls and perform emergency repairs on vehicles and equipment in field locations as needed.
- Coordinate warranty work and major repairs with dealership repair services.
- Rigging trucks with the following: Tool boxes, box liners, fire extinguishers, first aid kits, radios, hands free communications systems, etc.
- Pick up and deliver vehicles.
- Oversee and ensure registration and documentation of all automotive fleet vehicles is completed.
- Parts pick-up and hot shot deliveries.
- Tracking and submitting of equipment hours and mileage.
- High School Diploma or General Educational Development Diploma (GED).
- Journeyman Automotive Certification.
- Gasoline and diesel vehicle experience required.
- Experience with Ford vehicles an asset.
- Experience operating, skid steer, loader, and overhead crane an asset.
- All candidates are required to undergo and pass a Drug & Alcohol screening as condition of employment.
- A Valid Driver's License.